Terms and Conditions of Sale
- All goods remain the property of Hiflowheads until paid for in full.
- Invoices are payable in full prior to collection of goods, unless alternative arrangements have been made with us. We may require interest to be paid on any amount which is more than 7 days overdue. Interest will be calculated at the rate of 15%
- We retain the right to seek payment in accordance with the Late Payment of Goods Act 1998.
- Payment made through Master Card or Visa Credit Card is subject to 2.5% charge.
- Pre-arranged stage payments to be made within 5 working days of written request, unless agreed by prior arrangement. Late payment will however mean that goods with accrue a storage fee of £25 per day + vat. Unpaid Goods left on the premises for more than 6 months shall be disposed of.
- Payment made through Bank Transfer incur a £10 charge
- A minimum initial deposit of 80%, of the goods total, is required prior to commencing any work. The remaining 20% is required to be paid in full prior to goods be shipped or collected.
- All deposits are non returnable – we can however supply credit notes to the value of the deposit.
- Hiflowheads reserve the right to demand the return of any goods where the invoice has been unpaid for a period of more than 30 days. Goods will be returned at the cost of the customer. All goods returned will be inspected and if damaged, Hiflowheads will invoice the customer for the cost of repairing the goods to a NEW re-saleable condition.
- We will not accept returned goods without prior authorisation.
- No returns will be accepted without a copy of the original invoice.
- Goods shipped in error will be replaced immediately.
- No refunds will be given on parts which have been specially ordered/manufactured or modified to suit customer’s requirements.
- Electrical components are non-refundable
- Goods returned for any other reason will be subject to 25% handling charge
- No Refunds will be given until the “defective” goods have been returned to Hiflowheads for inspection
- If goods, as in item 1.5 are found to be defective, Hiflowheads will endeavour to rectify customer’s outlined issues and the goods will also be returned to customer at our cost.
- Jobs returned for inspection must include a £75 deposit for disassembly and inspection fee which may be refunded if parts/labour supplied by Hiflowheads is deemed to be defective (See warranty policy)
- NO return goods will be accepted if they have been modified or altered in way
- Please note all accounts beyond our credit terms will be passed to our debt collection agency, Sinclair Goldberg Price Ltd. All accounts, without exception, will be subject to a surcharge of 15% plus vat to cover our costs in recovery. These accounts will also be subject to any legal costs incurred in obtaining settlement.
- The customer hereby consents to the jurisdiction of The Edinburgh Sheriff Court for the resolution of any disputes.
- It is the responsibility of the customers to ensure that all parts fit correctly. We cannot be held responsible for any consequent damage.
- Although we are happy to fit customer’s parts, we cannot offer any warranty on any of our components which consist of customer’s parts, regardless of whether they are new or second-hand.
- We only guarantee bhp and torque power increases on engines that we have fully built and that have been fully bench tested and tuned on our Engine Dyno. Both bhp and torque graphs and figures will be supplied to customer.
- Not all parts that we supply are suited for road going cars. Increases to the vehicle emissions may result from fitting our products. Increasing the vehicle emission could mean that the car will not pass an MOT.
- WE WILL NOT honour any warranty claim if engine parts/components/engines have been modified by 3rd party. Repair & warranty work can only be carried out by Hiflowheads personnel.
- WE cannot be held responsible for ANY goods that have been damaged in transit, therefore WE STRONGLY RECOMMEND that when you sign for the goods you mark them as “GOODS NOT CHECKED”
- If you do find yourself in receipt goods that have been damaged in transit, then you must deal with the courier company direct. We will be able to supply you with all the necessary details.
- Goods can be shipped worldwide but will only be shipped with the true invoice value.
- We accept no responsibility for goods delayed/lost or held in customs. All shipping claims must be made direct to the carrier.
- The customer is responsible for paying any duty charged.
- On the instruction of our customer we will ship goods with limited insurance cover but we cannot however offer any re-imbursement for goods lost or damaged.
- Failed collections are charged at a base rate of £20.00 per item.
The services that we offer are done to our best ability using our extensive knowledge of our performance products. There is no stated or implied warranty due to the usual stress placed on performance parts. Our obligation is limited to the repair of parts modified by Hiflowheadswhich may prove defective under normal use and services within 60 days from date of sale and upon which our examination determines to our satisfaction to be defective. All parts sold by Hiflowheads are guaranteed in accordance with the manufactures own terms of warranty. This warranty only applies to the parts and does not cover any labour cost involved removing the parts. This warranty shall not apply to parts/components which have been subjected to accident, negligence, incompetence, alteration, abuse or misuse. Hiflowheads modifies parts in such a manner that proper care with installation is required. We build the very best products we can with the information we receive but it is the responsibility of the engine assembler to perform a final check of valve to piston, head to piston, crank to block clearances and that all rotating components rotate freely. There is no implied or expressed warranty if parts/components are damaged before or after the engine assembly process. At Hiflowheads we pride ourselves on offering custom build packages on all our heads and engines therefore the price is subject to change as per the specification of your engine /head/components
Customers are expected to collect their cars on completion of works within 24hrs of being notified in writing. Arrangements beyond this 24 hour duration are solely at the discretion of Hiflowheads. Unauthorised vehicles left on our premises out with the 24 hour period will be charged a storage fee of £20 + VAT per day. While we are working on a customer’s car it will be covered under our own insurance policy. However, if a car has been left at our premises any longer than authorised then it is left there at the owner’s risk.